Charles Findlay & Jean Lemont or Limont
I am searching for any information regarding James Findlay, born 22 January 1836 & Margaret Paton, born in 1840, the daughter of John Paton and Margaret Morton, both from Kilmarnock.
James' parents were Charles Findlay (born in 1792) & Jean Lemont or Limont, who married in Dreghorn, Ayrshire, Scotland, on 7 April 1821.
They had 7 children:-
1) - Jean Findlay, born 12 May 1822,
2) - John Findlay, born 30 April 1824,
3) - Robert Findlay, born 7 June 1826,
4) - Charles Findlay, born 25 July 1828,
5) - Margaret Findlay, born 10 February 1831,
6) - Mary Findlay, born 13 May 1833,
7) - James Findlay, born 22 January 1836, died 8.11.1917.
All were born in the Parish of Fenwick, Strathclyde, Scotland.
Following their marriage in Kilmarnock in 1862, James & Margaret immigrated the same year to New Zealand on the ship "The Grassmere". Brothers John and Charles Findlay, had already come to New Zealand and were farming at North Taieri, Dunedin, where they were joined by James in 1862.
Do you have any of the above names in your Family Tree?
Post Revised: 2006, Member logged in: 2021