John (Jno) RANDALL b.1869 Cefn Wales
I am trying to trace John Randall who was born in March 1869. He may be the person on the 1871 Wales Census (RG10/5420, pp.22-23) who was listed as the son of Thomas and Mary Randall. John married Louisa Brown in approximately 1890, after they both had come to the United States, he in 1883 and she in 1882. Although she was born in Wales, her family was originally from Midsomer Norton, Somerset, England. On the US 1900 census his father and mother are listed as to have been born in England/Wales, respectively. However, on the 1871 Wales Census, the parents of Jno Randall were borth in Cork, Ireland. Therefore, I'm not sure if this is in any way the correct family. ANY John Randall information would be greatly appreciated. This John Randall DID visit Wales (Tredegar) in 1905 as I have a postcard he sent to his wife, Louisa, from there. He returned from Liverpool to NY on the Cedric (White Star Line)on August 4, arriving in NY on August 12.
Posted: 2008, Member logged in: 2021 Cefn, Monmouthshire
My name is James Farr.
My Farr lineage is from the Pontypool, Monmouth, Wales area:
1. William Farr (m) Catherine Williams
2. William Farr (m) Mary Edwards
3. Edward John Farr (m) Elizabeth Jane Evans (dau. of Enock Evans)
4. Thomas Charles Farr (m1) Eva Miller (m2) Lucy Evans
5. Albert Charles Farr (from m1) (m) Melinda Brown
6. Lynwood Albert Farr (m) Lura Annie Austin
7. James Bruce Farr
My Brown lineage is from the Midsomer Norton, Somerset, England area:
1. Henry Isaac Brown (m) Sarah Flower Hill (went by Turner because George Turner, b.1819, married her mother after she and her sister were born-whether he is the biological father not known)
2. Melinda Brown (m) Albert Charles Farr
3. Lynwood Albert Farr (m) Lura Annie Austin
4. James Bruce Farr
I am looking for the "missing links" for Farr, Brown, and Turner. There is a "Flower" link, because Sarah Flower Turner's middle name likely comes from her maternal grandmother, Mary Flower, who married Isaac Hill.
On my mother's side of the family are the surnames: Grindel/Grindell/Grindal, Austin, Benson, Blake, Snow, and Hopkins. Stephen Hopkins, who sailed on the Mayflower, and his daughter, Constant/Constance are my link to the Mayflower.
After gathering bits and pieces of information from the 1960s until now, I am now retired and have time to do some extensive research. Any information you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
To send a message or add an entry... join CuriousFox as a free or paid member.
Paid members have entries with green envelopes and all members can send them messages. Entries added by free members have red envelopes and only paid members can contact them.