Full Moon Inn, George St., Pontypool, Monmouth, Wales
Am looking for any information on William Farr who was the innkeeper at the Full Moon Inn on George St., in Pontypool, Monmouthshire, Wales, according to the 1831 Wales Census. Especially interested in: 1. William Farr's family and 2. any photos/maps showing or information on the Full Moon Inn.
Posted: 2008, Member logged in: 2021 Pontypool, Monmouthshire
My name is James Farr.
My Farr lineage is from the Pontypool, Monmouth, Wales area:
1. William Farr (m) Catherine Williams
2. William Farr (m) Mary Edwards
3. Edward John Farr (m) Elizabeth Jane Evans (dau. of Enock Evans)
4. Thomas Charles Farr (m1) Eva Miller (m2) Lucy Evans
5. Albert Charles Farr (from m1) (m) Melinda Brown
6. Lynwood Albert Farr (m) Lura Annie Austin
7. James Bruce Farr
My Brown lineage is from the Midsomer Norton, Somerset, England area:
1. Henry Isaac Brown (m) Sarah Flower Hill (went by Turner because George Turner, b.1819, married her mother after she and her sister were born-whether he is the biological father not known)
2. Melinda Brown (m) Albert Charles Farr
3. Lynwood Albert Farr (m) Lura Annie Austin
4. James Bruce Farr
I am looking for the "missing links" for Farr, Brown, and Turner. There is a "Flower" link, because Sarah Flower Turner's middle name likely comes from her maternal grandmother, Mary Flower, who married Isaac Hill.
On my mother's side of the family are the surnames: Grindel/Grindell/Grindal, Austin, Benson, Blake, Snow, and Hopkins. Stephen Hopkins, who sailed on the Mayflower, and his daughter, Constant/Constance are my link to the Mayflower.
After gathering bits and pieces of information from the 1960s until now, I am now retired and have time to do some extensive research. Any information you would like to share would be greatly appreciated.
To send a message or add an entry... join CuriousFox as a free or paid member.
Paid members have entries with green envelopes and all members can send them messages. Entries added by free members have red envelopes and only paid members can contact them.